Thursday, December 19, 2013

Where I'm Going—Update

Setting up the Intergenerational Beatwell Playshop

I'm excited and relieved to announce that I passed the National Counselor Exam last week! Once I pass a state law test I will become a Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC) in Maryland. This means I can provide supervised psychotherapy and counseling.

I'm eager to use these credentials and expanded opportunities to advocate for the healing properties of drumming and music-making!

Beatwell rolls on with 3 Playshops next Monday and Tuesday at the Owings Mills JCC. I look forward to sharing community building drum circles with over 60 kids from kindergarten through 5th grade!

I have also begun providing consultation work at Sheppard Pratt's Hannah More School in Reisterstown, MD. The school has a great supply of drums and percussion and a full time therapist who is passionate about incorporating music-making into her sessions, but lacks experience. I've been having a great time helping her and the students explore the therapeutic benefits of drumming.

Until next time, I hope you have a joyful and healthy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment