Monday, October 20, 2014

Baltimore Book Festival 2014 Recap

Effective libraries serve numerous functions. Books are important and what most of us associate with the local library.

Baltimore's Enoch Pratt Free Library has plenty of books with over 20 branch locations.

They also realize they serve their city by building community.



I began working with Enoch Pratt earlier this year when I was asked to share a few programs at their Federal Hill branch. The success of these events awarded me the opportunity to kick off the Baltimore Book Festival

For an hour, my team and I welcomed infants, a preschool, parents and that monster from Where The Wild Things Are to drum joyfully and in community. We did it on the entrance to the Maryland Science Center in the Inner Harbor--a perfect location.






No comments:

Post a Comment